Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nude Food Challenge!

Today is the start of National Water week and I have organised for the Yr 7s to go on a water excursion/incursion. Part of the day, the class I will be supervising will be taking part in a Nude Food Challenge. I collected their recess rubbish last Friday and it wasn't all that great, the only thing organic (as in not plastic) was orange peels, and that was stowed away in a plastic bag!

So for tomorrow (and as long as they can) the students have been asked to bring their food nude! I will collect the rubbish at each stop in a 7D bag as well as collect 7Cs rubbish. At the end of the day, it will be interesting to see how the two classes compare. 7D are the only nude foodist and 7C have no idea what I have planned......

The menu for me is:

AP salad sandwiches made from homemade sourdough bread and spread with Hayley's piccailil preserve, peas, a dirt garden carrot and some potatoe chips in a zip lock bag (which I will re-use). I have stuffed the sandwiches un-wrapped into a lunchbox so they won't fall apart.

For fruit, I have last season's apricots that Hayley preserved in a secure - read: pray to God it does not spill - container!

The only thing about this eat what you grow business is the lack of fruit during the hungry season! I'm not a big fan of preserved apricots but that is all we have left. I can't wait for the the apples, peaches, fresh apricots, berries, pears and melons to grow!!!!!!

Lets see how the class goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment