Saturday, September 4, 2010

Home grown and home made!











Had a beautiful breakfast of homemade yogurt this morning and to tide me over to lunch, I had a homegrown and homemade brunch! Did a lucky dip into the tank and pulled out a 30cm trout weighing in at 333grams. Beautiful fish trout, to look at but also to eat! The trout was caught, killed and cleaned in less than 5 minutes, reducing the stress on the fish, improving flavour but more importantly being as humane as possible. I know how the fish are treated (with TLC as I love my babies) I know what they eat and I know how they are killed. From the net to being killed, less than 20 seconds. I was asked this week by some students if it was sad when I killed my fish and I will definately say yes. But at least I know they lived a happy life.

For brunch it was an AP salad, homemade real sourdough bread and a lovely pan fried trout!

No comments:

Post a Comment