Tuesday, August 31, 2010

HOPS!!!!!











Hops have arrived (thanks Jon) and I have 2xfuggles, 2xchinook and 1xhersbrucker! I have put one of the fuggles and chinook into the AP system and will put out the rest into the dirt garden. Hops in AP is a bit of an unknown, so if they go well, then I will split the rhyzome of the hersbrucker next year and put it in the AP, if they don't well then I will still have hops in the dirt garden as they should grow fine! Very exciting indeed. Now if only I had enough land to grow my own grains, then I could do all grain mash homebrew with yeast harvested from a coopers commercial beer or air ferment!

3 comments:

  1. Also - you know you can get grains from the local farm produce places (I think). Got come corn a while back. Worked well. (Not that it's a grain as such, but..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3x something? Anyway, the local farm supply shop down the road isn't all that good. There is one guy how works there that is into ethical food and organics, but the rest of them don't give a rats but. Unfortunately he doesn't work that often (i'm guessing he is a filler). They can't be certain that the grain hasn't been sprayed so if they can't be certain, I ain't touchin it. What did you make out of the corn?

    ReplyDelete